Friday, April 6, 2007

The Return of Yarn Pr0n Friday!

Hi, folks!
It's been a long time since I've posted any pr0n. But this is such lovely pr0n, that I think it was well worth the wait!

This is the much-praised HandMaiden Sea Silk. And from what I see so far, this deserves all the praise it has received!










This is some wonderfully soft yarn, and if Grumperina is to be believed (which I think is a good bet), it knits up very nicely. I don't know what color this is, since I can't find a color on the label. But judging by the colors (or should I say colours) on the HandMaiden site, I'd guess it is Sangria. Or perhaps Origin. The colors are so incredibly beautiful, and my pictures definitely don't do it justice! This is a lace weight yarn, so I'll have to find a worthy lace project for it (that my skills are up to, of course). If anyone has any ideas, throw them my way!
In other news, I don't have the very special FO that I had promised. I'm lame. And I'm not going to drag out the suspense - I decided that I was not going to be undone by the sweater, and started seaming it. But it looks terrible, so I'm going to have to rip it out and try again. This time with the help of Knit Mongrel, I hope (to whom I have promised a dinner in exchange for a seaming lesson - hopefully, she's still up for it!). ARGGHHHHH!!!!!
But let's get back to happy thoughts - mmmm, Sea Silk. I think I need to go fondle the yarn. That'll cheer me up!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so gorgeous! I've never tried the Sea Silk, but I might have to get my hands on some now. I can't wait to see what you do with it!

sgeddes said...

Beautiful! A great pick for a return of pron!

Prachi said...

I think I might have to get some of this sea silk, it is simply too too gorgeous for words!

Jessica said...

I can't wait to get my hands on some Handmaiden!! It is definately my next big yarn purchase. ;D