Thursday, December 21, 2006

Sweater Trauma

After weeks of knitting, who knew that the foil in my knitting drama would be the seaming process? Well, I guess I knew. Or at least I had a strong suspicion. I knit all the pieces, blocked them, sewed the front pieces to the back, and then - I couldn't figure out how to sew the sleeves on the body of the sweater. Am I an idiot? Or perhaps a knitiot? Either way, I've decided to put aside the sweater for now and not stress about figuring out how it all comes together before Christmas. My sister's birthday is in April, so I can figure I can take the pieces to my handy knitting buddies and have them help me figure it out in time for it to be a birthday present. Sheesh - I'm pretty sure I won't knit a sweater again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know you could always cut the sweater into tiny pieces and then stab the remaining heaps of yarn with a knitting needle over and over until you nearly break through the couch fabric. Just sayin'. :)

Since I won't see you, merry merry to you and the family, and a giant hooray for Hindjews!!!

xo