Thursday, January 18, 2007

Yarn Pr0n...Thursday?

I'm posting this now because I don't know if I'll have a chance early enough tomorrow to post and didn't want to skip out on the pr0n for this week. So this week, I give you:

Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport in Cedar. This is actually the first Lorna's that I've ever worked with. So lovely to knit with. I'm making a Shifting Sands scarf from Grumperina for my hubby for his birthday. This has required me to learn how to cable without a cable needle (which Grumperina so beautifully explains on her blog). This pattern has so many cables in it, I couldn't imagine doing it with a cable needle - I seriously think it would take twice as long. Here's my progress so far:

Excuse the gratuitous shot of my hand - because it is essentially a stockinette pattern, the ends curl up. It's a bit slow going since it's a sport weight yarn. But I have about a month and a half until the husband's birthday, so I should be able to get it done (I know, famous last words). And I do think he'll like the weight of the lighter yarn much better. I actually made him a scarf for his birthday last year. But I had only been knitting a few months at that point, so I used a bulkier yarn and followed a very simple pattern. At the time, I was so pleased with how it turned out, and I still think it's very nice. But I look at it now and just think, "I could do so much better than that." I suppose that probably happens to knitters often when looking back at their earlier works.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a beaufitul stitch! I'm looking forward to see it all done !

Angelika
www.yarn-store.com

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work and such lovely yarn.