Thursday, November 30, 2006

A few finished objects

I'm new enough to this whole blogging thing that all I want to do is post! So I thought I'd start off with some FOs. This is a scarf that I made for my sister for her birthday. I used 3 balls of Knit One, Crochet Too Paint Box in color 12 (Tandoor), in a simple broken rib pattern. I was pretty pleased at how the striping turned out on this. I probably could've added a bit more length, but that's my only complaint about it.







These are some booties I made for my mom. I used 1 ball of Knitpicks Panache in color Dusk for each sock. I used the basic sock pattern from Knitty Gritty. LOVED how these turned out - the yarn is SOOOO soft, and I thought the color was really beautiful, too. Since this is a bulky yarn, it knits up fairly quickly. I'll probably make a couple more pairs of these for Christmas gifts.







This is a baby hat I made using the same Knitpicks yarn as for my mom's booties - somewhere under 1 ball of it. I used a seed hat pattern I found free online - it's basically a moss stitch border, and then stockinette until the decreases. I made this for my husband to give to his driver/translator in Brazil, whose wife had just had a baby (yes, my husband gets to do fun things like go to Brazil for work. And, no, he really doesn't have that glamorous of a job - he's a commercial real estate appraiser :)







Here's a baby blanket I made for a friend who just had a baby. I used 4 skeins (although I had some leftover) of Cherry Tree Hill Super Sock Yarn, I think in the Fall Foliage colorway (although I can't really remember). I used the Big Bad Baby Blanket pattern from Stitch 'n Bitch. While I like the border and how the pattern layed out, I wasn't crazy about using sock yarn for a blanket, even if the yarn was doubled. I'd do the pattern again, but with a thicker yarn. I loved the colors on this, though.




And finally (for today at least :), here is a purse I made for my friend Susie. It's the All-in-One bag from the Pursenalities Plus book. I used 4 balls of Knitpicks Wool of the Andes in Mist for the body and probably another ball of the same yarn in Hollyberry for the contrasting color. This is my first and only felting project so far. I had fun with it, and it was SOOO quick to knit, that I'd probably do it again. I had some issues when I was knitting the handles (stray lengths of yarn whenever I did the bind off, cast on part to create the handle opening), but it's wonderful how forgiving the felting process is! I just snipped off the extra yarn and problem solved!


Ah, that was fun, but a bit time consuming. I think I'll limit myself to fewer pictures in the next post!

1 comment:

La Cabeza Grande said...

Each FO is so beautiful. And that yarn! My dear, the last thing I need is to be tempted with such pr0n. Looks luscious and love the color.

Can't wait to see how those Pomotamuses (?) knit up.